Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fabric Covered Burp Cloths

A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me she wanted to make some of those fabric covered burp cloths, but would love to have them embroidered with her last name.  Well, I was headed home for the weekend, and my mom has an embroidery machine, so I had her collect her fabric and give it to me before I left, and I had my mom embroider them for her  And while she was embroidering those, I decided to make some for a friend who is due with a baby girl in October, and had my mom embroider those for me too.  They turned out great!  There are a lot of different tutorials out there for these, but the one I used (and liked the best after checking out a few different ones) is this one.  I LOVE how these turned out and can't wait til I have another one of my own to make some for myself :)






*Also when making these I tried to keep there fairly gender neutral since this is her first kid, that way they can be used if she ever has a little boy.


**When buying the fabric diapers to use, I couldn't find the Gerber ones pictured in the tutorial.  All of the Gerber ones I found were either really thin or really thick,  so we ended up using the Carter brand ones you can buy at Wal-mart.


1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! They turned out great. Your mom has every thing crafty.

    ReplyDelete