Thursday, February 24, 2011

Picture Frame Key Holder

I have been wanting to make something to hang our keys on for awhile now.  I hate placing them down somewhere and not being able to remember where I put them or have them get buried under a pile of mail.  So I decided to do something about it.  I got this picture frame from Micheal's for $1 and then headed over to Home Depot to buy some hooks.  I spent less than $3 on this project.  And I love how it turned out.  It is still missing something, and in time I will put some sort of embellishment on it, but I am not sure what yet... any ideas?


 First I painted the frame black, because that is what all of our other picture frames in our house are.
 Next I added some hooks on the bottom, (I ended up using a nail to make the holes and then screwed the hooks in)

Then I traced the little square that was inside the frame and cut out a cute picture of my little girl
 Then I used the hole that was already on the  back of the frame and hung it on the wall with a nail.  I did end up using some velco dots on the back bottom corners to keep it from moving side to side when the weight of the keys is uneven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment