Friday, January 28, 2011

Place-mat Handbags

A few years ago I made a place-mat handbag/scripture tote for my little sister.  My older sister thought it was pretty cool and wanted one too.  So I went to the store found a cute place-mat and bought some cute wooden handles to add to it, and then left it with the rest of my craft stuff.  So fast forward about 3 years, I was working on a few craft projects and realized that I needed another little bag to put some of my stuff in.  I had the stuff I needed to make a place-mat bag for myself, as well as the stuff I bought for my sisters.  Well, her birthday is on Sunday so I decided that I would whip hers up for her, so that I can give it to her for her birthday.  I LOVE the way her bag turned out.  Mine is just for my craft stuff, so I didn't care as much if I could see the thread from stitching on the ribbon handles.  I do love how these turn out, and they are so quick and easy. I finished both of them in less than a half hour.  I found a tutorial on line here you can look at.  Just keep in mind you can adjust it however you want, and use whatever kind of handles you would like.  There are a lot of different ways out there to make these fun and festive. 
My sisters




 Mine

These are also great for little girls!  My 22 month old has been using these as her purse since I made them.  I had to hid them from her so that I could use them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment