Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Wreath

Ever since Halloween, when I had this wreath on my door, I knew I wanted to have one for Christmas.  I just loved how it looked every time I pulled up from being out.  I looked online A LOT to find the perfect one for my door.  Then I came across this one.  It was being sold on Etsy for like $40!  I knew I could make it for a whole lot cheaper... and I did... For about $12!  I love the way it turned out, and it helped that I did have some of the supplies on hand.  I made it just like my Halloween wreath and then just had a few things to it.  The one on Etsy was done in Burlap, I did mine in a cotton (2 yards cut into 6x1 in stripes) and then I had some Black vinyl stuff that I used for the belt.  I used a piece of cardboard that I cut out an painted for the belt buckle and then I got the letters at Hobby Lobby.  I then painted the letters white and used a clear glittery nail polish over the top to add some sparkle to it.  Tying on the stripes on is VERY time consuming, but I just did it at night while I was watching TV... It made the time go by so much faster! Then to hang it from my door, I just tied a white piece of ribbon to it to create a loop to hang it from the hook.







No comments:

Post a Comment