Thursday, January 10, 2013

Strip Rag Quilt

Every time I pull out my sewing machine, M asks me if I am going to make her a blanket.  So one day back in October I took her to the Jo Anns and we picked out some fabric for me to make her a blanket with.  I had seen this tutorial on Pinterest and new that's what I wanted to do.  After getting it all sewed together, I realized I gave it WAY too much seam allowance (for the rag part) and I had to un-stitch all of it!  I then went back and only did a 1 in seam allowance, instead of a 2.5 in.  It made a HUGE difference and it turned out super cute.  I finished it just in time for Christmas!  She was pretty excited to have it, but the husband and I tend to use it more than she does... go figure!  Either way, I love how it turned out!






1 comment:

  1. This looks so cute, and very well sewn! Great job Kira! I have wanted to try a rag quilt...very impressed by yours :) In September, before we moved, I made a wedding photo quilt for my mother in law for Christmas...and this post of yours reminded me I need to post about it.

    ReplyDelete